Katz-Loo (we, us) values and respects the privacy of the people we deal with. We are committed to protecting your privacy and complying with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and other applicable privacy laws and regulations.
This policy outlines:
- The types of personal information collected and held by us
- The purposes for which your personal information is collected
- From whom we collect information
- How your information is collected, held and used
- How you can gain access to your personal information and seek its correction
- How to make a complaint
What is personal information?
Personal information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual.
What personal information do we collect?
The types of personal information we collect is largely dependent upon whose information we are collecting and why we are collecting. We will endeavour not to collect personal information that we do not require. Personal information we collect may include:
- Names and titles
- Shipping and/or street addresses
- Date of birth
- Email addresses
- Phone numbers
- Identification document details
- Information about your pets
We will not ask to collect sensitive information about you (such as details of your racial or ethnic origin, political affiliation, religious beliefs, sexual preferences, criminal convictions or health information) unless it is needed for the purposes of providing services.
Why do we collect personal information from you?
We collect your personal information for the primary purpose of providing our services and/or products to you and marketing. We may also use your personal information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure.
Who do we collect personal information from?
We collect information from our customers, suppliers, staff, visitors and sub-contractors.
How do we collect your personal information?
We may collect personal information from you when you:
- Instruct us to provide you with services or products
- Subscribe to a newsletter
- Interact with us over the phone, in person or online
- Participate in surveys or questionnaires
- Attend an event
- Have business dealings with us
- Apply for or register your interest in employment or volunteering with us
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your personal information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
How do we use your personal information?
We use personal information for many purposes in connection with our business activities, including the
- To process and deliver products and services to you
- To provide you with information about our products and services you requested and any other products or services that are related to those that you requested information about
- To process payments and transactions relating to you
- To deliver a more personalised experience and service offering to you
- To improve the quality of the products and/or services we offer
- For internal administrative purposes
- For marketing and research purposes
- To verify your identity for the purposes of protecting the integrity and security of your account
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
For example, we may disclose your personal information to:
- eCommerce platform providers including payment services
- Shipping services and couriers
- IT providers
- Marketing providers
- Professional services advisors
We can disclose your information if we are authorised or required to do so by law. We do not sell, rent or otherwise trade personal information with third parties.
Storage and security of personal information
Your personal information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
When your personal information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information. However, most of the personal information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
Sometimes our website contains links to other websites, for your convenience and information. When you access a website other than one of our websites, please understand we are not responsible for the privacy practices of that site. We suggest that you review the privacy policies of each site you visit.
Access to your personal information
You may access the personal information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your personal information, please contact us in writing.
In order to protect your personal information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.